2 - Signs of the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ

After I was born again and accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior, I asked God about the signs He gave to His people through the healings of Jesus and of the parting of the Red Sea. If signs are to be following believers, why have I not seen any evidence of them? I was now a believer, and I wanted an answer to this question. So it wasn't one of those, "God if you show me a sign, then I will believe" things, It was a "God, I do believe, give me something to tell people and I will tell it to them."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Moose Lake, Minnesota, United States

God gave me a sign, and then he gave me another, and another, and another. I began to wonder why people who believed in Jesus had never tried to talk to me about Him. So after I believed in Jesus and repented for all of my sins, I then asked God a question. How come we don't see any more grandiose miracles and signs anymore? God, I am 36 and I haven't seen any of the kinds that are written in the Bible, like miracle healings, the parting of the Red Sea, a boat in the middle of a lake suddenly is at the other side, 5000 people fed with 1 basket of food, the list goes on. I then asked God to give me a sign, a fun sign, one that people will say WOW to, and if He would do that, I would tell everyone about what God did. Well, God kept His part of the deal, so now I am doing my best to keep mine. That is why this testimony is online at my website called 2 and here on this blog. I just need to tell this story and let God do the rest.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

July 8th, 2003 I felt in my heart that something great was going to happen. What I did was ask Rob, a brother of mine in Christ, to make a claim and to take a leap of faith, by coming up with a name for a new Christian ministry in Jesus Christ. Rob has always been saying that he feels this is his calling, and I feel the need to help him. So I told him to write me a letter and get it postmarked so that you will have some documentation of when this started and what your ministry will be called. Rob sent me a letter on this date that I received in the mail afterwards. I still have the letter - it is sealed and unopened. It was addressed to me and sent from his home, the new office of Soul Harvest Ministries. And so, a ministry was born. Praise God, and may he bless Soul Harvest Ministries and guide it with all of his blessings, holding back nothing and pouring them out in an ever abundant and grand fashion and all glory going to him and his son, Jesus Christ, Amen.

After the 2's came and left that 2nd Sunday after Easter 2003, I wasn't really looking for them anymore. But as you can see there were a few signs of 2 with the birds and a few other things. I was just looking for and enjoying the birds and I wasn't putting 2 and 2 together as the old saying goes. But here is where things get really interesting.

Every year now and for the past 5 years, I go camping at a music festival with my Dad and some friends in Walker, Minnesota. It is at a Music Festival called the Moondance Jam. They have a bunch of older 1980's rock groups come and play music there. There are also a few Blues bands and some Cajun Zydeco Bands as well. It was a chance for me to let loose for 4 days. I always have a great time there. But this year was different, it was far better than I could imagine in quite the most unusual way. I was worried and not at peace with going this year, I was just unsure of what was going to happen. For I know of the temptations that occur to me when I am there. It's like everywhere you look there are scantily dressed women having a great time at a 4 day party and the partying goes until 4 am. It's like I was back in high school and I didn't worry about a thing and just had lots of fun. I look back now and I can say I was not proud of the things I used to do there. I used to take pictures of everyone partying, and most of the pictures I took were of the pretty girls wearing their skin tight outfits and bathing suits. I guess it was some sort of reality escape for me. It was a 4 day drunken binge, but I never would get too drunk. And after it was over, it was back to reality. I am glad that I do not do any of those things any longer. An occasional beer is all I have now, and I don't seem to miss it a bit. I still have a lot of fun, I just act totally different then what I used to. But I was worried for some reason about going. I wasn't as pumped up as I usually was to go. I knew there were going to be temptations there and how I would handle them would be like a test for me. Well I wasn't perfect, I never will be, but I did things this year at the Jam that I had never done before and never even thought of doing before. I talked to people I would have never talked to normally, I offered to help out when ever I could, I told people in a nice and encouraging way to try and maintain themselves in a way which was not offensive and to not go over the edge so to speak. Some did, some didn't, but I tried to let them know that they would have more fun by not being the first one to pass out because many of the things that are good about the Jam are when you are around your friends after all of the shows are over with, and you are sitting around a campfire talking and getting to know everyone. Out of everything that happened, I really liked that part and those things.

I had no idea that this years Jam was going to be my most memorable yet, I had no idea that God was going to be there this year. Not only was He there, He let me know a few things and He revealed a few things to me that I will always treasure, because the 2's came back and they were amazing. I could tell that God approved of many of the things I did and of things I was trying to do. I also knew when I made mistakes. I learned from my mistakes, God forgives us. Praise God.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home