2 - Signs of the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ

After I was born again and accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior, I asked God about the signs He gave to His people through the healings of Jesus and of the parting of the Red Sea. If signs are to be following believers, why have I not seen any evidence of them? I was now a believer, and I wanted an answer to this question. So it wasn't one of those, "God if you show me a sign, then I will believe" things, It was a "God, I do believe, give me something to tell people and I will tell it to them."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Moose Lake, Minnesota, United States

God gave me a sign, and then he gave me another, and another, and another. I began to wonder why people who believed in Jesus had never tried to talk to me about Him. So after I believed in Jesus and repented for all of my sins, I then asked God a question. How come we don't see any more grandiose miracles and signs anymore? God, I am 36 and I haven't seen any of the kinds that are written in the Bible, like miracle healings, the parting of the Red Sea, a boat in the middle of a lake suddenly is at the other side, 5000 people fed with 1 basket of food, the list goes on. I then asked God to give me a sign, a fun sign, one that people will say WOW to, and if He would do that, I would tell everyone about what God did. Well, God kept His part of the deal, so now I am doing my best to keep mine. That is why this testimony is online at my website called 2 and here on this blog. I just need to tell this story and let God do the rest.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

August 30th, 2003 My day started out as usual, 2 pieces of peanut butter and jam on toast. The simplest of things are sometimes the best! My Co-worker Hutch went to another unit and he brought back a newspaper with him. The local newspaper up here comes from Duluth, but for some reason the staff on the other unit had each brought in a paper from St. Paul. They gave Hutch the extra one and he brought it over. The very main story on the front page section was about how the FBI had just caught the person responsible for the latest worm virus attacks on millions of computers. It took the FBI 2 weeks to catch him. The name of the worm virus he launched was called the Blaster B. The Blaster B worm virus as it turns out was a virus that was modified from its original. It was an enhanced version of it. B is the 2nd letter of our alphabet and newspapers label their sections using the alphabet. The second section of a newspaper is not marked with a 2 but with a B. It turns out that the guy they caught who launched this worm attack was from my state of Minnesota .

In the very same newspaper, which I did not buy and was given to us because it was an accidental duplicate, in section B - the 2nd section, there was the main story headline that read, "It's Just a Miracle". 2 young girls survived a plane crash, their Mother and Uncle did not.

Also on this day at work I held a pool tournament for the inmates residing in unit 10. Once in a great while I have been known to do this. This was the 2nd pool tournament I held on unit 10 in the little more than a year that I have been working there. I played in the tournament and finished in 2nd place. The Unit Champ left me with 2 balls on the table. We play for bragging rights only. I have yet to brag. I do it for them but I do try my best. The prison that I now work at is medium custody. 1st there is minimum, 2nd there is medium custody and on up the line to close custody, maximum custody and super max. I used to also work at the maximum custody prison before transferring to this prison.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home