2 - Signs of the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ

After I was born again and accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior, I asked God about the signs He gave to His people through the healings of Jesus and of the parting of the Red Sea. If signs are to be following believers, why have I not seen any evidence of them? I was now a believer, and I wanted an answer to this question. So it wasn't one of those, "God if you show me a sign, then I will believe" things, It was a "God, I do believe, give me something to tell people and I will tell it to them."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Moose Lake, Minnesota, United States

God gave me a sign, and then he gave me another, and another, and another. I began to wonder why people who believed in Jesus had never tried to talk to me about Him. So after I believed in Jesus and repented for all of my sins, I then asked God a question. How come we don't see any more grandiose miracles and signs anymore? God, I am 36 and I haven't seen any of the kinds that are written in the Bible, like miracle healings, the parting of the Red Sea, a boat in the middle of a lake suddenly is at the other side, 5000 people fed with 1 basket of food, the list goes on. I then asked God to give me a sign, a fun sign, one that people will say WOW to, and if He would do that, I would tell everyone about what God did. Well, God kept His part of the deal, so now I am doing my best to keep mine. That is why this testimony is online at my website called 2 and here on this blog. I just need to tell this story and let God do the rest.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

December 27, 2004 I have to go back a bit to November 15th, this is a day that I was led to a computer chat room that was not in the Christian category, so I was not doing my regular fellowshipping with my friends in Christ this night. I just felt called to go somewhere else, and I think that it is very important to get out once in a while, out of our comfort zones. I was led to a geneology room and just hung out for a while and then they asked me questions like, Do you know your ancestry? Where did you come from? I responded, Yes I do! I know I came from Adam, and then from Noah, but inbetween Noah and my Great Grandfather, I have no clue! hehe. And as far as my Great GrandFather I was not too certain of that either. Totally free in a room on Paltalk.com, these folks helped me to find a census record of my Great GrandFather from 1910! They emailed me the scan of the original census at 2:02AM. Wow, Joseph and Clare Flipp. Joseph was from Switzerland and my Mom confirmed that she had known Grandpa Flipp was from Switzerland. I didn't know why God wanted me to learn of my ancestry, I just thought, cool! This is kinda neat, and I just somehow knew it would be used in the future, i just didn't know how or when. So this thing sat in my mind until now. I thought it had only been a few weeks ago that this happened, but as I looked up the old email of when they sent me the census, I see now that it has been about 6 weeks. Today I got an email, out of the blue from someone who typed in their last name of Flipp and they found themselves here at this website and read some of my poems. They emailed me and asked if I knew of other Flipp's, the name is very rare and that maybe, we could even be relatives somehow. Well I sent them back an email telling all I knew and about the 1910 Census and that Great Grandpa Joseph was from Switzerland, and she replied back to me that her past relatives were also from Switzerland. This person also said that they are christian and enjoyed my poems. WOW, isn't that odd how God brings people together. A few weeks back my Mom told me that her Dad who was also a Joseph (Jr.) was born the same day as my son, Michael Jr. - December 4th. In order to find out if we are related, we would need to do some research in some old Swiss records to find out about the Flipp's there. Maybe I am being called to go to Switzerland? As always we shall see. I'd love to go! At this stage, I am very open to anything and everything, but now also know to just have patience and let the Lord work things out. I am trying not to jump to any more conclusions, but you just have to wonder, this is really amazing! What does it all mean? It's definately a journey on a grandiose scale. The person who emailed me will soon be printing this out to read it they said, I hope they have alot of ink in thier printer! This thing is getting long - Glory to God!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Grandma "Clare Flipp" told me that grandpa Flippe changed his name to Flipp when he immigrated to U.S. If your mom's name is Terry, she is my sister & we are talking about the same clan.

5:50 AM  
Blogger Michael John Flipp said...

Correct on Terry, email me at flippstermn@yahoo.com and tell me more about who you are.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home