2 - Signs of the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ

After I was born again and accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior, I asked God about the signs He gave to His people through the healings of Jesus and of the parting of the Red Sea. If signs are to be following believers, why have I not seen any evidence of them? I was now a believer, and I wanted an answer to this question. So it wasn't one of those, "God if you show me a sign, then I will believe" things, It was a "God, I do believe, give me something to tell people and I will tell it to them."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Moose Lake, Minnesota, United States

God gave me a sign, and then he gave me another, and another, and another. I began to wonder why people who believed in Jesus had never tried to talk to me about Him. So after I believed in Jesus and repented for all of my sins, I then asked God a question. How come we don't see any more grandiose miracles and signs anymore? God, I am 36 and I haven't seen any of the kinds that are written in the Bible, like miracle healings, the parting of the Red Sea, a boat in the middle of a lake suddenly is at the other side, 5000 people fed with 1 basket of food, the list goes on. I then asked God to give me a sign, a fun sign, one that people will say WOW to, and if He would do that, I would tell everyone about what God did. Well, God kept His part of the deal, so now I am doing my best to keep mine. That is why this testimony is online at my website called 2 and here on this blog. I just need to tell this story and let God do the rest.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

March 1st, 2004
At the prison where I work, there are a few of us guards who share the gospel and we have a small group of us there who regularly pray for the Spirit of God to move throughout the prison. We have prayed specifically for inmates there as well. We have prayed for a revival among them to get on fire for God in hopes that they may change their lives around. We have had some sermons from Brian Zahnd sent into the facility as well for them to listen to. They arrived there about 5 or 6 weeks ago now. We have been praying for God to move His spirit throughout the prison in Moose Lake in a great way. We prayed that Moose Lake be a shining light in the World that will cause people from all over to take notice. Something happened today that leads me to believe this has begun. Today in our interoffice emails that go out to all staff who work there, we received the following email from the Prison Chaplain. Note the significant 2's in his email letter.
REC RETREAT
To all of the ML Staff:

The Second Two Day REC Retreat at Moose Lake is over!� It was a GREAT SUCCESS!!!!!� There were 44 offenders in attendance, and unlike other facilities, ALL of those 44 offenders came back for the second day!
(The REC Team tells me that almost never happens at the other
facilities!)� We had about 45 Volunteers coming and going for various tasks, ministries and errands.�

Thank you to the Security staff who were involved in checking in the team, with all of the necessary items for the retreat.� That went as smooth as it could have!� Thank you to the Security Staff for all the metal detections, check-ins, etc...again, all as smooth as it could have been!!!� And, a special thank you to the Watch Commanders, Lts, the Squad officers, and Master Control Staff, all helping to make the event happen as well as it did.

And, a special word of thanks to the Kitchen Staff.... four great meals were delivered and enjoyed by all!� The Volunteers were impressed with each meal!� Thank you for a job well done!

THANK YOU to everyone who had a part in making this Second REC Retreat at ML a real SUCCESS for all of us.� We have a great team of staff people here, and I am proud of the work and professionalism all of you have shown me and the work I do here....including demanding and unique
events like this one�� Thank you!!!

D. H.
Religious & Volunteer Services Coordinator/Chaplain

As I read that email, I felt like God is definitely moving at the prison. The Chaplain emailed this to everyone. Inmates have been telling me that there is barely enough room in the chapel for Sunday Service. There is standing room only and many sit on the floor! WOW! Praise God! The inmates are trying to get a bible study going and we are praying that they will be able to do this. God is listening to our prayers. Not only is God listening to them, but granting them. Thank you Father.
I went into the chapel one day about 7 months ago, and it was about half to three-quarters full. Now you can't even find a seat! The religious volunteer back then stopped the service and asked me what I needed? I softly said, "Nothing, I am just here to watch and listen." He said, "Oh, uh, OK, Great". He then continued with the service. I then bowed my head in prayer in their service with them, and then left after about 5 minutes. A few inmates were very surprised at that.
"Father, I pray to you now, that the move of your Spirit at the prison where I work, continue to move through the offender population in even more ways then we could even imagine. Let the light that is currently glowing there, become even brighter. Let the hearts of the men imprisoned there be changed forever and fill their hearts with love and passion for Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. In Jesus' name, Amen."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home